Our client is looking for an experienced Nurse to join their Night team at a residential care home on the rural outskirts of Llantrisant (36hrs per week on rotation, usually 7pm-7am). The home is situated within walled gardens with views of farmland and open countryside, and offers accommodation to residents who require general nursing care and personal care for older persons over the age of 65, as well as those with physical disability under and over the age of 65.
You’ll work with a dedicated team to provide the highest standards of care to residents and will be responsible for quality nursing provision as well as management responsibility for shifts and effective supervision of staff members.
We’re looking for a first level nurse with a real passion for working in social care. You should be a strong team player with great communication and interpersonal skills, and ideally some previous supervisory experience.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Reporting any ill health amongst residents and making requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
- Assessing all aspects of residents’ care needs and providing health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required.
- Maintaining accurate records and ensuring that each client has an individualised Care Plan. Client Care Plans are to be reviewed on a monthly basis, or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy.
- Administering prescribed medicines and documenting the same in accordance with the Company’s procedure and NMC guidelines.
- Participating in Staff and Client meetings as and when required.
- Establishing and maintaining good communication with Clients, Relatives and with the multidisciplinary team.
- Providing administrative support when required.
- Supervising and instructing junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Attending mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Understanding and ensuring the implementation of the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy and Emergency and Fire procedures.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click APPLY NOW on the left, or email your CV and Covering Letter.