10.21/hour, 37hrs/week, Mon-Fri
FIXED TERM CONTRACT for 6 months
We are looking for a contact worker to provide a flexible service, facilitating supported or supervised quality contact with children and their families.
1. To provide supervision and support to children and families subject to Care Proceedings, within any of the local authority contact centres, community settings and family home as directed;
2. To ensure a comfortable and safe environment that focuses on the needs, wishes and feelings of the children;
3. To encourage parents to interact with their child(ren), using age appropriate resources such as art, craft, games or other activities;
4. To carry out parenting skills training, depending on need and as identified in theh contact agreement;
5. To keep detailed records of contact sessions, and to provide feedback to the social worker, Legal professionals, families and independent parenting assessors as required;
6.To undertake risk assessments as required and provide a healthy and safe environment;
7. To manage risk on a day to day basis given the complexity of families supported and be able to work alone, using their own initiative;
8. To ensure all child protection issues are followed in accordance with the All Wales Child Protection Procedures;
9. To work in partnership with other agencies and maximise the benefits for the children and their families;
10. To undertake training opportunities, receive regular supervision and participate in appraisal systems within agreed timescales;
11. To provide a quality, flexible service that promotes equality and celebrates diversity for children and their families;
12. To manage and arrange the reimbursement of travelling expenses to those attending contact;
13. To attend Court as directed;
To carry out health and safety responsibilities in accordance with the Division’s Health & Safety Responsibilities document.
To undertake such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade, as may be reasonably required by the Service Director, or as a mutually agreed development opportunity.
To discuss this role in more detail, please get in touch via the contact details on the left, or submit an application with your CV and covering letter.
Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults is a core responsibility of all staff. All safeguarding concerns should be reported to the Cwm Taf Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).